The National Curriculum for art and design aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in using drawing, painting, sculpture and other creative expressions
- evaluate and analyse artistic works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about the great artists, craftsmen and designers, and understand the historical development of their art forms.
Subject Content Key Stage 1
Pupils should be taught creativity in art, craft and design by:
- using a range of materials to design and make products
- using drawing, painting and sculpture to share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- developing techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space using clay and printing to a large scale and in 3D
- being taught about the work of a range of artists, craftsmen and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.